How to Apply GATE ?
All candidates have to apply only ONLINE. The application fee is non-refundable.
Details of Application fee for GATE 2017
- Women candidates Rs. 750
- SC/ST/PwD* category candidates Rs. 750 (* PwD means a person who is physically challenged.)
- All other candidates Rs. 1500
- GATE International candidates US Dollars 50
For International candidates, there is no need to attach PwD (person with disability) certificate and category (SC/ST) is NOT APPLICABLE. The examination fee is uniform for all (US Dollars 50)
GATE 2017 application fee payments would have to be made through online by using net banking or debit card or e-challan facilities.
Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This charge will be specified on the payment portal.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
An online interface is provided for your interaction with the GATE Office. With this interface you can,
- Apply for the examination online.
- Upload photograph, signature, thumb impression and other relevant documents such as, graduation certificate, category certificate (wherever applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking or debit card or e-challan.
- Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc
- Contact the zonal GATE Office in case of any queries/problems.
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and GATE score.
The login to this interface uses your GOAPS password. Keep your password information safe, secure and confidential. The application procedure remains same for International candidates. The international candidates must have a passport for making application.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) has the web address below-
GOAPS Website: Click here